You have a special skill that you know you’re good at. It’s that thing that you do really well, and sometimes you amaze yourself when you do it.
That’s when you know you’re in your Zone of Genius.
- You’re not “in the zone”, so you’re not using the passion and talent that allows you to truly live your purpose and feel in alignment with what you do.
- Or, your zone of genius can shift to a new area of expertise. For example: You may have been great at managing people in one area, but now the thought of managing people in an entirely different field may be what “floats your boat”, (or running a business with your own employees).
If you feel you’re not in your “zone” at all, then it’s time to look inward and pay attention to what your heart is telling you. (What really lights you up?)
And if you’ve been ignoring the signs (and how you feel), then it’s time to tap into those desires, and imagine the life you want.
If your zone is shifting, it could be that you’ve been in your career for awhile, and you notice the passion for what you do isn’t quite what it used to be. In that case, it may be time for a change.
Ask yourself (and write it down):
- How do I really feel about what I do?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being best), how does my current career rate? (Are you happy with that number?)
- Use your imagination to visualize what your ideal career would look and feel like.
Our imagination and emotions are at the subconscious level of the mind, and that’s where the power is, so use it to your advantage.
Take stock of where you’re at; re-align yourself if necessary, and you’ll find a deeper sense of purpose and authenticity that will not only positively impact your life, but the lives of those around you.